What is Hypha?
Hypha is an open source submission management platform to receive and manage applications for funding. You are welcome to explore Hypha on our demo site. Online Demo
Developed internally by Open Technology Fund (OTF) and community partners, Hypha is an easy to use, secure, and privacy-focused application and project management system for application reviewers, prospective and current funding recipients, and project managers. Our goal is to facilitate open, accessible, and reproducible code to individuals and organizations working to build a more equitable world.
- Manage the whole submission pipeline. Hypha gives you the flexibility to create application forms you need for multiple funding rounds at the same time.
- Participatory and collaborative review process. Managers can easily navigate through the platform to evaluate proposals and share their assessments with internal or external stakeholders.
- Connect with applicants and grantees on the platform. Send notifications via Slack and e-mail. There are also in-app notifications.
- 100% open source. Improving the sustainability of open source software is a core component of Hypha.
- Since its inception, transparency, security, and trust have driven Hypha’s development:
- A number of comprehensive security audits have been completed, the last one in 2021.
- We have implemented best practices in Django security to prevent attacks and mitigate vulnerabilities.
- Two-factor authentication is available to enhance your platform security.
- Your data is yours. Hypha is self-hosted. This means that application data and all associated information is available on your own systems.
We offer several virtual meeting spaces, including communication forums, chat room channels, and an open GitHub repository for new and current adopters. Join our forums to discuss new features and report bugs for continuous improvement of the platform. Get Started
If you want to go further you are welcome to test Hypha on our demo site. Enter the demo site and freely navigate the platform’s features. Online Demo
Who contributes to Hypha?
Hypha is improved by a small community of developers, designers, and users. As an open source software with a BSD 3-clause license, we welcome any contribution to expand on what the platform can do and to create add-on functionality not already available. OTF currently partners with Fredrik Jonsson @ Combonetwork, Lead Developer, to ensure the long-term maintenance, security, and sustainability of Hypha.
We are grateful to organizations that have chosen to implement Hypha and appreciate any and all code, design, documentation, bug reports, and other forms of contributions: